Great things start here
We recognise that choosing where to study your university-level course is a major decision, and it is important to us that you make the choice that is right for you. Working with two respected universities allows us to ensure you’re receiving a great education here in Mansfield.
Whatever your reasons for studying with us, we know you’ll have a great experience, and leave us confident and ready to take your next steps on to great things.
The new Vision University Centre, which opened in 2016, includes teaching and learning spaces, study rooms, a dedicated learning resource centre, a 100-seat lecture theatre and a science laboratory.
Virtual tour of the Vision University Centre
We are committed to keeping tuition fees as low as possible – and are approximately a third cheaper than most universities. With the help of student finance, your education can be really affordable – you don’t need to pay anything upfront and will only repay any loans once you are earning £21,000 or more!
The quality and levels of support that we are able to offer is what sets us apart from other colleges and universities.
Our students have access to a range facilities and services including:
- Smaller class sizes
- One-to-one support
- Study skills coach
- Advice and guidance
In June 2015, the college successfully underwent QAA HE Review, and the final report was published on 3 September 2015. The college action plan outlines how we are responding to the report’s recommendations.
- The maintenance of the academic standards of awards meets UK expectations.
- The quality of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The quality of the information about learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The enhancement of student learning opportunities meets UK expectations.
- The extensive range of support services for Higher Education students, enabling students to develop personal, academic and professional potential (Expectation B4).
- The dedicated resources to support a distinctive Higher Education learning environment (Expectation B4).
- The range of ways in which students and staff engage to enhance the educational experience (Expectation B5).
Working in partnership with the University of Derby
West Nottinghamshire College is an approved partner of the University of Derby.
The University of Derby is a Top 50 UK university* and provides students with the best possible start in their careers through excellent teaching, delivered in cutting-edge facilities by staff who are experts in their field. 96% of University of Derby students are in work or further study within six months of completing their degree**.
* The Guardian University Guide 2017
** HESA 2016, graduating class over 2000
Our teacher education awards are offered in partnership with the University, and were visited by Ofsted in June 2015 and October 2015 confirming them as outstanding. Congratulations to our colleagues at the University of Derby, and to our own teacher education team and students!
- 1 Overall effectiveness - How well does the partnership secure consistently high quality outcomes for trainees?
- 1 The outcomes for trainees
- 1 The quality of training across the partnership
- 1 The quality of leadership and management across the partnership