Tuition fees depend on the length and type of course and are payable in full at enrolment or by instalment (conditions apply). The tuition fee includes other fees (exams, course materials and registration fees). However, additional exam or membership fees may be payable directly to professional awarding bodies for industry recognised qualifications. These fees are not included. For specific fees, please refer to the online course guide or our printed guide.
Incidental materials costs
Wherever possible, materials costs have already been included in the tuition fee, but there may be occasions when you need to provide additional materials, particularly in relation to creative courses and workshops. These are dependent on the work undertaken.
Other additional costs
There may be additional charges for activities such as day trips and residentials and for licencing requirements which will be specific to individual courses.
All tuition fees are for one year of study. Two year courses will attract an additional fee in the second year of study.
Some students are entitled to have their course fees waived. Please check below to see if this applies to you. If so, you will need to provide appropriate evidence.
- You are aged between 16-19 years of age as at 31st August 2012
- You are aged 19+ and will be undertaking Adult Basic Skills Certificates (excluding ESOL), Functional Skills in English and Maths or stand alone English and Maths QCF qualifications
- You will be aged 19-23 on the first day of learning and will be undertaking a first full Level 2 or Foundation Learning (pre-Level 2) to progress to Level 2 or above
- You will be aged 19-24 on the first day of learning and will be undertaking a first full Level 3 qualification
- You will be aged 19-24 on the first day of learning and will be undertaking a first full Level 4 qualification without having attained a first full Level 3 qualification
- You are aged 19+ and are unemployed and in receipt of Job Seekers Allowance (JSA) or Employment Support Allowance (ESA) (Work Related Activity Group) where skills training will help you into work
- You are aged 19+ and are unemployed and in receipt of wider benefits where skills training will help you into work
- You are aged 19+ and are unemployed and in receipt of JSA/ESA or unemployed on wider benefits and will be undertaking a classroom based ESOL course where it is identified as a barrier to employment
- You are aged 19+ and have left the British Armed Forces after completing four or more years of service or have been medically discharged due to an injury in active service after completing basic training and will be undertaking a first full Level 3 qualification
- You are aged 19+ and are a Trade Union representative undertaking Trades Union Congress (TUC) learning aims
There is no reduction in fees on full-cost courses.
Course fees will be refunded if the college closes a class and no suitable alternative is offered.
If you withdraw from your course BEFORE the start date of the course, you will be entitled to a refund of all amounts paid, less an administration fee of £30. If you withdraw during the first term or the first third of your course, you will receive a refund of 70% of the fees that you have paid.
Paying by instalments
You may be able to pay fees over £300 in instalments provided that the course lasts for more than 3 months and you can provide relevant identification and valid bank account details. 25% of the tuition fee must be paid at the time of enrolment with a further 3 instalments on consecutive months following enrolment.
Please ask at any college reception or call our FREE helpline on 0808 100 3626 for more information.
19+ Financial Support for 2012/2013
You may be eligible to receive financial support from the 19+ Student Support Fund. You should ask the Student Financial Support Team for advice and guidance about the criteria and application process in order to be considered for an award. All funds are limited and subject to eligibility criteria. Most funds are based on a household income of £21,000 or below.
To discuss your eligibility or to request an application form please contact the Student Financial Support Team on 01623 627191 ext 8256 or 8179 or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Every effort is made to ensure accuracy of this information, however full details will be available at enrolment and induction.
For further information please download our student finance booklet.