Vision West Nottinghamshire College is a vibrant college with an innovative approach to teaching and learning. We have a proven track record for the delivery of results and a reputation for achieving excellence.
We provide a relaxed and flexible learning environment for our adult students, employing skilled tutors with industry experience and a passion for the subject they teach. When you enrol on your course and join us, you'll have access to a wide range of facilities and support services to make your time here as beneficial as possible.
So what’s in it for you?
- A huge range of courses including fun leisure options, teacher training, career-enhancing qualifications and the chance to brush up on everyday skills like numeracy and spelling.
- Flexible learning options to fit in with busy lifestyles.
- New skills to help you get a better job or take up a new hobby.
- Affordable courses and help with funding whenever possible.
- Locations all around Mansfield – you’re never far away from a venue!
- A relaxed, friendly learning environment for students of all ages and abilities.
- Lots of support to help you achieve your learning goals.
- Great campus facilities including hair and beauty salons, a commercial restaurant, well-equipped learning centres and regulated and Ofsted inspected childcare facilities.
What our students say
Still not sure? Read comments from some of our former students and find out what they got out of the college experience.
Your computer/device is not able to view this video.
Life at college
If you are returning to education for the first time in many years, or looking to begin a new hobby or interest, we cater for the needs of all our learners.
Listen to some of our students talk about college life.
At first I was a bit wary of coming back to college at my age, but I soon discovered I had nothing to be concerned about. The lads in my class are brilliant, the atmosphere is great and there’s a real sensible attitude towards hard work.
Paul Gilling – 41Level 3 Electrotechnical Services
I woke up one morning and thought, ‘I’ve never learnt anything properly, so I’m going to do something about it.’ I left school with no qualifications so just thought, well, why not give it a go? I started with the English course and then went on to do History, I may even decide to go on to university.
Andy Timmons – 51A Level English and History
I owe a huge amount to my tutors who have all encouraged me to do my very best and allay any fears I may have had about returning to college in my adult life. They showed me that I can do it!
Karen Seymour – 43HND in Computing
I realised that I wanted to make more of my life and get skilled up in something that would be a lucrative career. My tutor made me realise that I could turn my interest in decorating into a proper qualification. I’m so grateful to him for giving me the chance to come along and join the group. To anyone who is thinking of changing their career I say just give it a go, you might just surprise yourself with what you can learn and achieve.
Samantha Tucker – 31Foundation Construction Award in Painting and Decorating
Both the company I work for and my tutors gave me every encouragement to continue with my HNC studies when I suffered a family bereavement. Through this encouragement I passed my course and went on to achieve the HND after another year of study. It has enabled me to achieve a promotion at work and I'm so proud to have stuck with it.
Amanda Charlton – 31HNC/HND in Mechanical Engineering